TPI Certified Level 1 - Golf Physical Assessment, Swing Analysis & Rehabilitation
Titleist Performance Institute Level 1 Certified: Golf Performance Enhancement and Rehabilitation in Avon, CT
Cindy Langer MSPT---TPI Level 1 Certified
"We don’t believe there is one way to swing a club; we believe there are an infinite number of ways to swing a club. But we do believe that there is one efficient way for everyone to swing a club and it is based on what they can physically do."--Titleist Performance Institute
As a TPI Level 1 Certified physical therapist, I have been provided the assessment tools to evaluate your physical condition as it relates to your golf swing. The TPI Physical Assessment and Video Golf Swing Analysis evaluates your body with 16 physical assessment screens and examines the 12 most common swing characteristics that typically can be affected by deficits found in your body.
TPI encourages a team approach when working with golf pros and amateurs.
This "Team" consists of the Golf Pro, a Trainer, and a Medical Professional e.g. a physical therapist.
The TPI Team focuses on and evaluates the following:
- Basic Instruction: Grip, stance, alignment, swing fundamentals, ball position, etc.
- Advanced Instruction / Shot Making Skills: Short game, specialty shots, trajectories, etc.
- Course Management: How to play each course, set make ups, game plans, etc.
- Mental / Emotional: How to handle the mental stress placed on great players.
- Equipment: Making sure the golfer is fit properly and has the appropriate set make up.
- Physical Conditioning: This was the biggest addition. Physical Conditioning includes improving aspects of the body that can affect performance.
As a physical therapist, I am part of your TEAM!
I can evaluate you and conduct the TPI Physical Assessment and Basic Video Golf Swing Analysis, as well as determine the most efficient exercises and therapeutic techniques to get your body into optimum golf performance.
The BodyFit Physical Therapy Golf Assessment Includes the Following:
- A complete history - golf and medical.
- The TPI Physical Conditioning Evaluation: The TPI Physical Assessment and Video Golf Swing Analysis -Which may also require the FMS and/or the SFMA assessement approaches.
- Interpretation of the gathered data.
- Prioritize the data - what is the most important to least important.
- Develop a treatment plan.
- Give the player a report of findings.
- Give the Golf Pro a report of findings.
- Finally, give the golfer a prescription - corrective exercise and recommedations regarding further physical therapy in the form of soft tissue body work, manual stretching, and joint mobilizations if the physical condition warrants additional therapy.
"If you don’t test, it is just a guess!"
The assessment process is absolutely needed to determine where your physical deficits lie. Without a proper assessment, drills and exercises can be off-the-mark, inefficient, and frankly wasting your money, time and energy.
Doing drills after drills or googling exercises to do at home without a proper assessment is like throwing spaghetti against a wall, and hoping something sticks!
BodyFit Physical Therapy will work with your Golf Pro here in Avon, CT to improve your golf game in the most efficient method and help you enjoy golf for years to come!