Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update and Options
With the increasing number of Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases reported across the country, we may need to change our day to day lives, including our participation in physical therapy and fitness classes.
Options for Physical Therapy and Golf Fitness
I will continue to monitor the CDC updates and, for the time being, I will continue to see patients at my office in Avon.
I am fortunate to be able to see patients one-on-one which helps to reduce the congestion of multiple patients in one room, and therefore reduces the risk of exposure.
I always clean the treatment space after each patient. And in accordance with CDC guidelines, I will also sanitize the walls around the treatment area, the door knobs, outside/exterior door handles, front desk surfaces, the therapy and waiting room chairs, bathroom, and other surfaces, daily.
Onsite Physical Therapy-If You Would Like To Continue To Have Visits At My Office
- If you recently have travelled out of the country, or you have been exposed to someone who recently travelled out of the country, please call me to reschedule your physical therapy to a later day or coordinate a telehealth/video conference session.
- If you are sick, running a fever, congested or coughing, please call me to reschedule your physical therapy to a later day or coordinate a telehealth/video conference session.
- If a family member is sick, running a fever, congested or coughing, please call me to reschedule your physical therapy to a later day or coordinate a telehealth/video conference session.
Telehealth/Video Conferencing-If You Would Like to Have Virtual Physical Therapy at Home
- To have a Virtual/Video conference Physical Therapy session, I can schedule and record our visit through my online scheduling software and Zoom. Visit payment can take place online, as it previoulsy had been completed during our in-person sessions.
- You would need your iphone/cellphone/ipad with video option or a laptop with a webcam.
- As you, my patients are aware, it is essential that we review & discuss your signs and symptoms in detail and that I take you through a movement pattern assessment during our session, so I can construct the best course of self-mobilization treatment and prescription of exercises. This can be provided through this video-conferencing.
- Most injuries can be adequately triaged and a plan of care can be initiated effectively through video conferencing.
- I will be offering these special sessions for $75 per each 45 minute session.
Golf Mobility Classes-Virtual Online and OnSite Options
- We will continue to hold our previously scheduled onsite classes in Avon and Canton, Tuesday and Saturdays.
- We will take extra precautions in separating the mats in class further apart to allow a more generous amount of space between attendees. We will wash all equipment, including the mats, rollers, and chairs, etc, prior to and after class. We will wash hands before and after our class.
- I will stay after class to wash floors and wipe the mirrors, as I have in the past, but now I will add the benches, doors and knobs of the facilities, and anywhere else I think we have touched.
Virtual Golf Mobility Classes and Training
- I will be adding the option of you being able to follow along with class from the comfort of your own home.
- You can watch me teach the class and I can watch you move through video-conferencing.
- I call this the "Brady-Bunch" format, where you will see multiple squares on your laptop screen, and in those squares you can see your classmates online "in-class". Most of you may be familiar with this already through participating in Zoom Meetings.
- We will hold the class online at the same time of the originally scheduled class.
- You will need a laptop with a video/webcam option or a cellphone/iphone/ipad that can be propped up so I can see you.
- If you are interested in this option, you may want to jump on Amazon now to order a tripod for your phone if your phone is your best option.
Golf Performance Training Option
- If you would like for me to instruct you in a Golf Performance Training session while you are home, please let me know as we can set up this as well.
- We can work on mobility, strength, and stabilty, based on your TPI Assessment, with very little need for you to have extensive equipment.
- Please let me know if you may be interseted in this online virtual training program.
- Training cost would be the same as my physical therapy telehealth fee @ $75 per 45 minute session.
I hope you and your family remain safe and healthy during this unusual time.
Please reach out to me by cell if you have any questions or are interested in some of these options: 860-402-7743. Feel free to text or call.
Thank you and be well,