Attention Sciatica Sufferers!
Revealed: A 30 Second Self-Test And the #1 Single Best Exercise for Relief for Sciatica.
Do you (or someone you know) suffer from pain, numbness or tingling in your legs, feet, buttocks or lower back?
If you do and you are looking for natural and permanent relief, then here are 2 valuable tools to help you…
Recently I was doing some research on Sciatica and lower back pain treatments and I stumbled on some information that I thought you or someone you know might find valuable.
Have you or someone you know or care about ever:
- Missed work due to Sciatica or back pain?
- Missed out on a family vacation or activity because you were afraid to aggravate you or Sciatica?
- Found yourself worrying more about your pain, numbness and rather than living your life?
At BodyFit Physical Therapy we specialize in treating Sciatica!
Simply put Sciatica has three common causes:
- Herniated discs.
- Stenosis or Arthritis.
- Pelvic or SI joint problem.
When you match the right treatment with the right problem, the symptoms should go away... almost immediately (there are exceptions: comorbidities, surgery, chronic injections, and medicines).
Have you ever seen the lady who had to lean on her shopping cart as she was walking through Shop Rite or Stop & Shop? The reason she needs to do that is usually because of arthritis (Doctors call it “Stenosis”) in the lower back. Successful treatment for that condition usually involves:
- Specific exercises usually involve bending forward (flexing forward).
- Hands-on Physical Therapy.
So, if she would do the wrong type of treatment, let's say the treatment for the herniated disc, she is going to be in a lot more pain and the symptoms in her leg may actually be worse!
So here are two important tools I want you to have (or if you are feeling fine, you can pass them on to someone who may need them).
- A 30 second self-test that you can do in the safety and comfort of your own home to see if you really have Sciatica.
- Sit on the edge of your bed or sit in a firm chair, then extend one leg out straight in front of you, pointing your toes back towards your head, and look down.
- Repeat on the other side
- If you have a severe increase in your sciatic/leg pain, numbness, tingling, or your leg does not go up as high as the other side, then you likely have sciatica.
- Your next step is to find out what is causing the pressure on your sciatic nerve. Callus to schedule an appointment because we can help you with that.
- The number one, single best exercise to do for Sciatica relief--The Standing Back Bend
The most common cause of sciatica is a herniated disc.
If this exercise does not help, call our office at 860-507-7365 to schedule an appointment.
- Standing with hands-on hips, feet shoulder width apart.
- Bend backwards until a stretch is felt. Hold 5 Seconds, repeat 20 times.
I truly hope this helps you!
Cindy Langer MSPT, physical therapist at BodyFit Physical Therapy
P.S. When doing the exercise for relief 3 things can happen:
- You feel better.
- You don’t feel any different.
- You feel worse.
If you feel better, great, keep doing it (there is an entire series of more advanced exercises to do. We can show you if you need it).
If you are a #2 or #3 (no change or feeling worse) Reply to this email. Your reply will serve as your “coupon” for a FREE consultation. Call 860-507-7365 to schedule an appointment.
One of our PTs who specialize in Sciatica will examine you and determine:
- The cause of your Sciatica.
- If you need an MRI or x-ray (Luckily, usually not).
- What successful and natural treatment looks like for you.
P.P.S., We need to limit this to the first 10 people to call because of our therapist’s schedule. If you need help, do not delay.
Don’t Delay Calling if You Need Us to Help You!