Physical Therapist in Avon, CT
BodyFiT Physical Therapy, located in the town of Avon in the Farmington Valley, provides the best physical therapy care by helping active people to recover from injury to get back in the gym, keep playing their sport, and enjoying life. Your therapist's goal is to resolve your issue without unnecessary pain killers, injections, or prolonged rest, in the quickest time possibly by providing one-on-one hands-on care.
If you are viewing this page, you are likely in pain or have an injury that is limiting the active lifestyle you desire. Whether you are just recently injured or have been in pain for years, you may be unsure what is the best way to fix your injury. Should you rest, should you go to a chiropractor, should you have a massage or should you try physical therapy?
You are probably searching the web to see where to go or have been asking your friends and family where they have gone. Or maybe you have not had good results with physical therapy in the past, leaving you unsure about what to try next.
To help you make a decision, we have designed this website to give you as much information about me and my clinic and how my model of care differs than other local therapy clinics.
In your area there are some good options to receive adequate care but you should want more than an adequate option. You deserve the best option. And keep in mind there are unfortunately several providers that will provide less than adequate care, because they are making decisions regarding your therapy based on their bottom line and not on the quickest and best way to get you better.
When looking for a physical therapy provider here are some key questions to keep in mind:
- How many patients will your therapist see while he/she is treating you?
- How much manual or hands-on care will you receive during your therapy session?
- Will you be supervised at any time by a tech during your treatment session?
- Will you be treated in a gym filled with other patients on treatment tables?
At BodyFiT Physical Therapy located in Avon CT, we are different than these other area therapy facilities and here is why.
We see patients for an hour of one-on-one hands on care, utilizing the most relevant and effective forms of manual therapy, including joint mobilization and manipulation, massage therapy, cupping, dry needling and instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization by using special tools. You are the only patient seen during your treatment time and you will never be told to go do your exercise while supervised from across the room by a tech.
People Who I Help Include:
- Active Adults, Young and Old...Who never want to miss a minute of the game or take time off from the gym.
- Hard Working Women and Moms...Who want to look and be healthy, feel more energized, be able to run after their kids all day, workout at their favorite studio or gym...without being bothered by pain or stiffness.
- Busy Men and Dads...Who know their family needs them, so being in pain, and on bed-rest from acute back pain is not an option; they need their energy for work and play.
- Health Conscious Men and Women...who know that painkillers, injections, and unnecessary surgery are not the best answer; they have already been let down by the healthcare system that only offer mill-like Physical Therapy, excessive medications, and prolonged rest or worse...the elimination of their favorite activity.
- Adult Athletes...Who want to be fit for that next WOD, round of golf, tennis match, their weekly running club, or that pick-up pickleball game with the gals.
I have treated various active adults and athletes including:
- CrossFit Athletes
- Tennis Players
- Pilates/Barre Studio Members
- Yoga Enthusiasts
- Weekend Warriors
- Strongman Participants
- Olympic Lifters
The common theme with all my patients though is that they want to stay as active as possible for life, they do not want to give up their sport or leisure activity, they are not accepting of the “just rest and take some pills”, they prefer a more natural approach, and a more holistic solution to their injury.
If this sounds like you, then me and my clinic may just be a perfect fit, so come visit me at Bodyfit Physical therapy.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to utilize the buttons on this page, either click on the Free phone consultation, the Inquire about cost and availability, the free 20 minute “discovery sessions” or click on our phone number to call me, your PT, Cindy.
Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon!
PS: Looking for Physical Therapy in Canton? Or Physical Therapy in Simsbury? No worries! I am located in Avon CT but my location is right off of Route 44 so I frequently see people for physical therapy from Canton, Farmington, West Hartford, Simsbury, Burlington and New Hartford CT.
Tony R.1 year ago
Anne B.1 year ago
Lisa H.1 year ago
Joanne B.1 year ago
Judith R.1 year ago
Alex A.1 year ago
Kris K.1 year ago
Ric W.1 year ago
Chuck J.1 year ago
Carrie N.1 year ago
Margaret L.1 year ago
Kay Y.1 year ago
Daphna F.1 year ago
Lynne C.1 year ago
William M.1 year ago
Hunter B.1 year ago
What Sets BodyFiT Physical Therapy in Avon CT Apart
- Full hour treatment sessions, one-on-one with your physical therapist.
- Effective and current physical therapy manual techniques with a physical therapist with over 26 years of experience
- Holistic treatment approach, assessing the entire person to develop the optimum treatment plan to get you back to the active lifestyle you desire.
Click the button below to book a free phone consultation now with a physical therapist.
Here is a little more about your Physical Therapist
Cindy has worked for the past 26 years in the field of physical therapy with a focus on outpatient orthopedics, sports rehab, and aquatic therapy. Cindy has extensive knowledge in manual physical therapy, being trained in IASTM, Cupping, Dry Needling, and various Soft Tissue Massage and Joint Mobilization/Manipulation Techniques. She has been featured in Radio, TV, and Print, speaking on the topics of back pain, aquatic therapy, and ACL rehabilitation. Throughout her career she has presented several classes to patients in how to treat their own backs, pre-natal back care, and instructed other clinicians in the development of their own aquatic therapy program. In addition, Cindy has taught several Mobility Night classes, focusing on improving mobility to Crossfit Athletes and Barre Studio Members.
Cindy has three active boys who all play soccer, she is involved in the local travel soccer program, and previously serving as Co-President of the Highlander Soccer Club. She is an avid runner, running several half marathons and two full marathons, the Disney Marathon and the Boston Marathon. Through her many years of training, she has learned even more about the management of soft tissue injury and how to expedite recovery, reducing that fear of injury and instilling confidence in finishing those big races! Cindy also maintains a balance of running with flexibility and strengthening by participating in classes at local yoga, barre and Crossfit gyms.
And in 2018, Cindy became a CrossFit Level 1 Trainer and is now TPI Level 1 Certified (Certified in Golf Physical Assessments and Golf Swing Analysis).
“It is so important to keep active, stay flexible and try to maintain a healthy weight in whatever way you can with the time you have. I want to be around to see my grandchildren and hopefully my great grandchildren, so I will do whatever I need to to help make that happen!”
B.P.T (Bachelors Degree in Allied Health and Physical Therapy)- University of Connecticut.
M.S.P.T. (Masters Degree in Advanced Orthopedic Physical Therapy)- Quinnipiac University.